Saturday, October 10, 2009

Can't Fight This Feeling

I have personally had my ups and downs when it comes to relationships. Relax! I'm not gonna bore you with my life's story. Nope. I'm gonna talk about something rather more, for want of a better word, general. No, not sex. But LOVE.

You see, love is many thins to many people. Some people say it's that feeling you get when u just realized you've found The One. Some people just say it's "magical comfort food for the weak and uneducated". Most accurate definition of love that I've heard? "your souls's recognition of it's counterpart in another".

Love, as contrary to popular belief, is more than just feeling fond or caring about someone very deeply. It's way more than that. It's compatibility that you share with your partner. Something you develop over a certain amount of time. So this notion completely debunks the phrase "love at first sight". Sure you can feel attracted to a person the first time you see them, but that's just what it is. Attraction. But to be able to live with someone through thick and thin, paradise or hell, and be there for them everytime, that's LOVE.

Sure there are gonna be fights and misunderstandings but love, real love, just pulls you through all that. I mean, who's to say that a couple that's been together for 50 years have never had fights? Nobody's perfect and a couple that realizes that about each other are the ones that are gonna last a lifetime.

What I'm trying to say here is that sometimes you get sick of each other's faces. Sometimes you feel like you don't wanna hold them in your arms anymore. But loves always pulls you back together. If it doesn't it's not love. Simple as that.

Question is: why do people chase this feeling even when they know 70% of the time, that they're not gonna find it? Well it's because love makes you do crazy things. And you don't care. Because the joy and happiness, you might feel is just so much more worth it compared to the occasional pain you feel. I strongly believe in this fact. Love is definitely comfort alright but not only for the weak and uneducated, for everyone. Embrace it guys, it'll blow your mind. :-)

I wrote this as my way of expressing my feelings for my girlfriend, Farhin Fateha. I love you, babe. More than anything. And know that I'll always, always be there for you when you need me. I LOVE YOU.